Saturday, June 6, 2009

Benjamin Post #1 - Initial Sketches:

Alright, first order of business is to try to visualize Denise from a 2D vantage. I started doing some sketches and color studies of the reference photos to try to familiarize myself with the curves and proportions. Initial sketches went a bit slow due to lack of practice and fear of f**king up. I will have to try another batch tomorrow and hope that I'm a bit faster/more accurate. After I feel comfortable with the form I will begin making thumbnail sketches of the actual composition. For the time-being, here's the first batch of sketches - more to come.

1 comment:

  1. lol you shouldn't worry about messing up the first few times. Trust me, I've had some very bad portraits done of me in the past. I highly doubt yours could get any worse than those. So seriously, just don't worry about it so much and do it.

    ReplyDelete